Matric Rewrite Programme has increased the opportunity for learners to improve their marks post the national matriculation examinations.
The programme is specifically designed to:
• Support learners who have been unsuccessful in achieving the required symbols for access into tertiary institutions;
• Provide learners with a second opportunity to gain a national senior certificate pass.
Educators follow the scheme of work as prescribed by the Department of Education. The CASS/SBA mark is carried over from when the learner originally wrote grade 12, therefore the main intent is to prepare for the final paper.
Learners are exposed to high-quality educational materials and instruction in the subjects needed. Educators prepare them for the final exams by concentrating on:
• Past paper methodologies;
• Problematic sections that learners historically struggle with;
• Sections which carry a high mark value in the final paper.
On completion of their final examination, Star Schools issues learners with a new Umalusi-approved subject certificate for the subjects they have rewritten. Learners can then apply to the Department of Education for a new matric certificate.
• English Home Language
• English First Additional Language
• Afrikaans FAL
• Life Sciences
• Mathematical Literacy
• Physical Science
• Business Studies
The results speak for themselves
We has achieved unequaled success in providing learners with access to high-quality part-time education through its Matric Rewrite Programme, achieving an average pass rate of 75% since inception.